What information do we collect?
The Wheel of Brisbane only collects personal information where you voluntarily choose to provide it to us and where such personal information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Depending on your relationship with us, this information may include, but is not limited to your first name, last name, address, email address and phone number/s.We generally collect information from you directly. However, we may employ a third party service provider to collect personal information on our behalf, e.g. any company who handles our website, social media agency that may handle the conduct of a Wheel of Brisbane competition/promotion, etc.Personal information collected by Wheel of Brisbane will be stored in house or through a third party data storage provider. We employ security measures to ensure all information stored is protected from misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.Personal information is collected by Wheel of Brisbane via a variety of sources, including but not limited to, via the Wheel of Brisbane website (e.g. purchases via the website, inquiries via the website at http://thewheelofbrisbane.com.au, etc), ticket sales, forms customers complete, promotions/competitions and offers, sign up to our newsletter or club.
How do we use it?
We will use this information in the following ways:
– to provide you with information that you have requested e.g. a newsletter;
– to provide you with our services/products;
for promotional and marketing purposes;
– to respond to specific queries you may raise regarding Wheel of Brisbane; and for statistical, research and analytical purposes.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.The types of persons and organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include the following:
– organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
– our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
– organisations who are contracted by us to perform certain services, including to maintain the Wheel of Brisbane website and the personal information collected, handle complaint and queries on the Wheel of Brisbane website;
– our legal advisors, when needed; and
– other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
We will not disclose personal information we collect to other third parties to use for their own promotional/marketing purposes. Personal information collected by us will also not be disclosed to any entity located overseas.
Third Party Websites
No personal information should be submitted to Wheel of Brisbane by children without the consent of their parent or guardian. Wheel of Brisbane encourages all parents or guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
How you may access or correct your information?
You may access the personal information we hold about you and seek its correction by contacting us at The Wheel of Brisbane, Manager@thewheelofbrisbane.com.au or phone 07 38443464.
If you believe that your personal information has been accessed or used inappropriately, or has been collected or used in contravention of this policy or any Australian privacy laws in Australia that bind Wheel of Brisbane, please contact use at The Wheel of Brisbane, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3844 3464.All complaints received will be responded to within a reasonable time with a proposed resolution and executing a resolution where possible, of the complaint.